DA-XI farmer-beneficiaries of its vegetable seeds and Kadiwa market outlets now turned donor helping the community combat corona virus by providing them free, safe and healthy food and participating in the community pantries.
On May 3, Davao farmers conducted the Community Pantry for the fire victims in Ilang, Tibungco, Davao City with the distribution of vegetables and fruits as well meat products to 150 persons/fire victims.
On May 4, they also participated in the Community Pantry for the Urban Poor organized by the Missionaries of the Assumption every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at the Assumption College of Davao benefitting 300 individuals per day.
Kadiwa beneficiary FCAs who participated in the conducted Community Pantries are the following:
1. United Farmers Association of Tamayong
2. MAHALYANG Vegetable and Fruits Coop
3. Macatabo Vegetables Farmers Association
4. Rural Improvement Club Federation-Calinan District
5. Donnabella Agro Ventures
6. Gel Reich/Abundant Harvest
7. Magsasakang Progresibo Marketing Group
8. Simply Help
9. Manambulan Backyard Farmers Association
10. Association of Davao Organic Advocates
11. Biao Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Cooperative
In total, they have donated, 600 kilos of fruits, 120 kilos of assorted vegetables, 50 kilos dressed chicken, rice, premium tablea and canned goods and noodles. | via Celso Campos Vergara, RAFIS11